Was watching the Food Network on cable the other day and was inspired to make this..
I added the garden salad and garlic bread as an accompaniment .
• olive oil
• 500g mixed fresh mushrooms (white button, shitake, oyster), cleaned and sliced
• 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
• 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
• small piece of butter
• 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
• 2 tbsp plain flour
• 1/2 cup of cream
• a handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Clean and cut the mushrooms into slices.
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan or casserole pot. Add in onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until onions are soft.
- Blend in 2 tbsp. flour and stir.
- Add in the chicken (or vegetable) broth and heat until slightly thickened while stirring frequently.
- Use a hand blender or take the soup off the heat and let cool. Once cooled, place in a food blender and blend to desired consistency.
- Return to a pot and reheat.
- Add in cream and butter to soup. Season with salt and pepper. Heat to thicken while stirring frequently.
- Just before done, stir in chopped flat-leaf parsley. Serve and enjoy!